donderdag 22 augustus 2013

On the subject of : 'Le Vu Lan bao hieu', celebrating the parents and ancestors, which Vietnamese people are honouring on 20/21 August (15 and 16 June on Lunar calendar):

Although life may be mainly containing dhukkha,
if one is able to cultivate
the devine ear and eye,
one can discover every moment
the loving kindness of the ancestors
in the trees, flowers, rivers or moutains.

Never we shall be separated
from our beloved one's
since they were not born, neither deceased.
They shall always be present
in the magical nature
that surrounds us as a protecting shield.

Let me be aware to become such a shield
for my own offspring.
To stay humble and grateful
for my precious life.
Let me be able to offer the diamond
in the pocket of the worn jacket
I gave to the poor man.

For it is in giving that we shall stay alive.
Let me, on my turn, become a tree,
a flower, a river or a mountain.
To remind people how much I've tried
to love them.

Despite my countless failures,
I will invite you to look deeply at the trees,
the flowers, the rivers and the mountains.
Only within them you will find your ancestors,
your beloved one's and what is called 'me'.
An endless beautiful legacy.

And if I could, I would promise you
never to be presumptuous anymore.

Ivo, 21/8/'13, Hue city, Vietnam.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten